The answer is highly likely YES you do – 1/3 of all homes built in New Zealand before 1980 contain asbestos.
Asbestos was a dangerous product used to bind over 2,500 products, as it was so effective and, in the past, the actual dangers & extreme health concerns of using this product were unknown, which is why it was so widely used.
Unfortunately, there is absolutely no safe degree of exposure to asbestos and its tiny, microscopic fibres.
Inhalation is the most common way asbestos enters the body causing Mesothelioma, which is a fast growing rare cancer, which is almost always caused by asbestos.
There is no cure for this disease and death normally occurs within 12 months of a diagnosis.
This is why it is so important to have licenced and qualified operator to inspect any home that you are buying to ensure you are aware of the risks involved should you require any renovations or repairs to be undertaken in the future.
BONDED ASBESTOS PRODUCTS WERE USED IN CEMENT MATERIAL USED IN THE FOLLOWING TO BUILD HOUSES.
FRIABLE ASBESTOS PRODUCTS CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN YOUR HOUSE, WHICH INCLUDE.
PLEASE CALL PULSE BUILDING INSPECTIONS TO ARRANGE A FREE QUOTE ON: 0800 2 78573
SOME OF OUR OTHER SERVICES
CONTACT US TODAY
Get a quote, make a booking or find out more.
WE HAVE TECHNICIANS NEW ZEALAND WIDE!